Sunday, August 2, 2020
If you decide to attend worship in-person, please remember that masks are required (except for small children) and we will be social distancing. Please do not attend if you are sick, at-risk, or have recently been exposed to someone with the virus.
Thank you for visiting Christ Fellowship today! We use Remind to send announcements and prayer requests. To sign-up, text @cfchl to the number: 81010
Order of Worship
Call to Worship & Invocation
Open Prayer Time
Officer Election – Pray for the officer candidates and our congregation as we prepare to elect new elders and deacons.
Asare and Lakesha – Pray for the Sakyis, as they are currently fostering three children from Honduras.
Schaeffer and Molly Stevens – Praise God for the recent birth of baby Emmeline Grace!
The McClures – Pray for Ethan and Kristen as they prepare to adopt a child from Columbia.
Expecting Moms – Ali New, Hannah Pittman
Immigration – There are several families connected to CFC that are legally seeking residence in the US. Pray for this process.
Addiction – Numerous loved ones connected to our church continue to struggle with chemical dependencies.
Seriously Ill: Jeff Brady, Luke Churchill, Peggy Ford, Lakesha Sakyi, Debbie Simpson, Margaret St. Peter
- Congregational Meeting – Sunday, August 30 following worship to elect new officers and to review the new budget. The following men have been nominated, trained, and approved:
- Josh Feinberg and Blake Shaw – Elder candidates
- Rick Bateman, Seth Gard, and Mark Pittman – Deacon candidates
- Worship Plans – Beginning August 16, we will have two in-person services:
- 10:30am (English)
- 11:45am (Spanish)
- This will allow us to see one another briefly between services while limiting the number of people in the building. This is temporary. We hope to reunite and worship all together as soon as possible! We will also continue to broadcast both services on Facebook.
- Last Sunday, our entire church will begin using the Daily Prayer Project together as a way to stay connected to one another and to the means of grace. DPP is a daily prayer book for the Church that covers every season of the Christian Year with robust, rooted, and cross-cultural liturgies for prayer and scripture reading. The project rests upon the heritage of daily prayer throughout the history of the Church but their vision is to create a global community of Christians who are praying in common across culture, ethnicity, and class. The elements of the liturgies are curated from many sources within the global and historic Church.
- You can Download the English guide here. Please do not share the link. The guide is FREE for our church because we are partnering with the project to create a Spanish version very soon!
- You can buy a print version for $10 on Amazon.
- See Mike if you want help making the prayer guide part of your personal or family life. This is an excellent discipleship tool.
- Revelation Bible Study has returned. A new video will be available each Wednesday. You can find the whole Bible study at this link.
- The Dream Center in Horn Lake has been providing food and other resources for people in need. Want to volunteer and help out? Visit this website to sign-up.
- To better serve Desoto County, we created a brief “gift survey”. Help us do our job “to equip the saints for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ…” (Ephesians 4:12) (www.onehornlake.org/serve)
- If you are committed to this church and would like to support the ministry financially, you may give online (www.onehornlake.org/give) or text any dollar amount to: 84321
|Financial Snapshot||Year to Date|
|Year to Date||Better/(Worse)|
|June -20||Jul 19 – June 20||than Budget|
|Expenses||$ 36,596||$ 206,848||$ (13,125)|
|Net Surplus(/Deficit)||$ (29,578)||$ (91,385)||$ (7,662)|
|Total Surplus/(Deficit)||$ (26,594)||$ (19,590)||$ (20,867)|
|Ending Church Balance||$ 46,407|