Dear Christ Fellowship,
Thank you for taking the time to fill out the coronavirus survey. We received more than 50 responses! The officers have considered this valuable information carefully and prayerfully. This is what we heard:
- Only a few people in our church have been directly impacted by the virus, health-wise.
- Economically, there are several immediate and developing needs. More than 20 people have lost some, most, or all of their income!
- Most of you are concerned about others in our community losing jobs.
- Most of you are also concerned about vulnerable people in our community being exposed to the virus. It is important that we all take the necessary precautions to help keep vulnerable people safe.
- Most of you approve of the decision to gather for worship, but many of you have not attended yet. Some of you feel that we have gathered too soon.
In response to the information you provided, we are taking two immediate actions:
- We want to respond to the growing economic needs in our church. We love our families and we want to help shoulder one another’s burdens. The deacons are ready and willing to help. Please contact Josh (901.270.1211), Ethan (901.652.8634), or Ryan (901.491.8680) to confidentially discuss your needs. If you want to help us meet the needs of families in crisis, consider giving to the church for that purpose.
- We want to do a better job of protecting the vulnerable people in our church and in our local communities. For that purpose, we are making face coverings or masks mandatory, in conjunction with CDC guidelines, when inside the church facility until further notice. We know this is uncomfortable for many, but it is a small inconvenience for the safety of our church body. Children under 5 are exempt from this rule. Please read the entire list of precautions before attending.
These are difficult times for all of us. Now, more than ever, we need to pray for one another, encourage one another, and be patient with one another. We are one in Christ, but that unity is constantly being tested by the world, the enemy, and our sin.
“For you were called to freedom, brothers. Only do not use your freedom as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another.” – Galatians 5:13
“A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.” – John 13:34