Sunday, September 19, 2021
In light of new CDC guidelines and local covid numbers, we are recommending masks during worship attendance. We do not want to bind anyone’s conscience on the matter. Please make all medical decisions in consultation with your doctor. The elders will be wearing masks in an effort to help everyone feel comfortable and welcome at CFC. Please do not attend if you are sick or have recently been exposed to Covid.
Thank you for visiting Christ Fellowship today! We use Remind to send announcements and prayer requests. To sign-up, use this link: https://www.remind.com/join/cfchl
Order of Worship
- Gathering Hymn –
- Call to Worship –
- Hymns –
- Praying for the Church
- Nursery Dismissal
- Sermon – 1 Samuel 20
- Hymn –
- The Church – Pray for the peace, purity, and unity of God’s Church while the world around us rages.
- Andy Winberry – Andy is home recovering from a recent hospital stay. Pray for a quick recovery.
- Bill and Betty – Pray for Randy’s dad and step-mom as they transition to assisted living.
- Gulf Coast – Pray for the communities affected by Hurricane Ida and the churches serving them.
- Afghanistan – Pray especially for our brothers and sister in Christ as the Taliban takes over the country.
- The McClures – Praising God for the successful adoption of Sara and safe return for the whole family!
- Asare and Lakesha Sakyi – the Sakyis are fostering a 10-month old boy. Update: Lakesha is beginning new treatments and may need a hip replacement.
- Westwind Neighborhood – Continue praying for our neighbors in the Westwind community, directly behind the church.
- The Feinbergs – Pray for Josh and Jami as they prepare to adopt a child from India.
- Immigration – There are several families connected to CFC that are legally seeking residence in the US. Pray for this process.
- Addiction – Numerous loved ones connected to our church continue to struggle with chemical dependencies.
- Seriously Ill: Jeff Brady, Luke Churchill, Jane Middleton, Lakesha Sakyi, Margaret St. Peter, Laura Kathryn Redden, Hannah Tanous
- Jason and Julie Moorhead would like to facilitate a New Small Group. If you’re looking for community, this is a great opportunity! If you are interested, contact Jason (662.996.7500) or Julie (662.996.7490).
- There will be a Women’s Event on Saturday, October 2 – 6pm at the Winebrenner home. This event will be outside. Contact Jessie Routh if you would like to help with the plans (601.497.5138) or for more information.
- Join us Wednesday, October 6, for Family Night, 6:30-8:00pm. We will meet the first Wednesday of every month to enjoy a meal together, a group game or activity, and a brief devotional!
- There’s a Women’s Care Group now meeting via Zoom, including a few women from our mother church. If interested, contact Hillary Lodge (541.968.3221) for more information.
- There’s are two free books on the back table! We have copies of Gentle and Lowly and The Grace of Giving.
- We are creating a simple Photo Directory for the church. Names and face only, no contact information will be provided. Use this link for instructions: https://www.onehornlake.org/how-to-join-the-directory/
- Don’t forget about the book table! Prices are suggested donations. There is also a clearance section! There are also two boxes of free books on the floor by the book table.
- The church has a new Value Statement – read it here.
- We now have a freezer and can begin replacing our Freezer Meals!
- The Ordinary Time version of the Daily Prayer Project is now available:
- You can purchase the guide here.
- Spanish Bible Study – every other Thursday at 8pm via Zoom. Contact Hermes to participate.
- To better serve Desoto County, we created a brief Gift Survey. Help us do our job “to equip the saints for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ…” (Ephesians 4:12) (www.onehornlake.org/serve)
- Giving to the church is an act of worship. “Each one must give as he has decided in his heart, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.” (2 Cor. 9:7) If you are committed to this church and would like to support the ministry financially, you may give online (www.onehornlake.org/give) or text any dollar amount to: 84321
|Financial Snapshot||Year to Date|
|Year to Date||Better/(Worse)|
|July -21||Jul 21 – Jun 22||than Budget|
|Expenses||$ 15,501||$ 15,501||(1,016)|
|Net Surplus(/Deficit)||$ (5,056)||$ ( 5,056 )||$ (2,071)|
|Total Surplus/(Deficit)||$ (574)||$ (574)||$ (4,239)|
|Ending Church Balance||$ 51,511|