Sunday, April 18, 2021
If you decide to attend worship in-person, please remember that masks are required (except for small children) and we will be social distancing. Please do not attend if you are sick, high-risk, or have recently been exposed to someone with the virus.
Thank you for visiting Christ Fellowship today! We use Remind to send announcements and prayer requests. To sign-up, use this link: https://www.remind.com/join/cfchl
Order of Worship
- Gathering Hymn – “Holy, Holy, Holy”
- Call to Worship – Psalm 5:11-12
- Hymns – “Great is Thy Faithfulness” & “What a Beautiful Name”
- Praying for the Church
- The Lord’s Prayer
- Nursery Dismissal
- Sermon – 1 Samuel 2 –
- Hymn – “Your Name”
- Debbie Simpson – Debbie is now at home with the Lord Jesus. Please continue praying for Kevin and family.
- Melissa Bateman – Pray for Melissa and family in the loss of her mother.
- Baby Eliel – We give thanks with Jhonny and Lesly for the healthy birth of a new covenant child!
- Morris Move – pray for Bill and Donna Morris as they prepare to move to Maine.
- Westwind Neighborhood – Continue praying for our neighbors in the Westwind community, directly behind the church.
- Asare and Lakesha – Pray for the Sakyis, as they are currently fostering three children from Honduras.
- The McClures – Pray for Ethan and Kristen as they prepare to adopt a child from Columbia.
- The Feinbergs – Pray for Josh and Jami as they prepare to adopt a child from India.
- Immigration – There are several families connected to CFC that are legally seeking residence in the US. Pray for this process.
- Addiction – Numerous loved ones connected to our church continue to struggle with chemical dependencies.
- Seriously Ill: Jeff Brady, Conner Canfield, Luke Churchill, Karissa Dickerson, Don Ford, Peggy Ford, Lakesha Sakyi, Debbie Simpson, Margaret St. Peter, Laura Kathryn Redden, Miller (Robin’s god-son)
- Join us Sunday, April 25 following worship for a Brown-Bag Fellowship at the Winebrenner home. Bring a sack lunch and a chair.
- We are launching a 5-week Sunday School class on April 25 at 9:30am in bay 5. Each week, we will cover one of the “Five Pillars of the Protestant Reformation.” Children are welcome to attend with parents, but there will be no childcare.
- The church has a new Value Statement – read it here.
- Can you help provide a meal for the Hernandez family? Use this link.
- The youth are planning to assist the food distribution at HLMS on Saturday, April 24. See Lily or Seth.
- We now have a freezer and can begin replacing our Freezer Meals!
- The elders will be praying together at 9:45am each Sunday. All are welcome.
- The current version of the Daily Prayer Project is now available:
- You can Download the English guide here.
- Spanish Bible Study has returned – every other Tuesday at 8pm via Zoom. We are studying the book of Revelation. Contact Mike to participate.
- Revelation Bible Study has concluded in English. You can find the whole Bible study at this link.
- To better serve Desoto County, we created a brief “gift survey”. Help us do our job “to equip the saints for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ…” (Ephesians 4:12) (www.onehornlake.org/serve)
- If you are committed to this church and would like to support the ministry financially, you may give online (www.onehornlake.org/give) or text any dollar amount to: 84321
|Financial Snapshot||Year to Date|
|Year to Date||Better/(Worse)|
|Mar-21||Jul 20 – Mar 21||than Budget|
|Expenses||$ 12,962||$ 140,456||1,709|
|Net Surplus(/Deficit)||$ (3,326)||$ (57,600)||$ (15,935)|
|Total Surplus/(Deficit)||$2,093||$ 4,091||$ (6,744)|
|Ending Church Balance||$ 50,499|