Sunday, May 9, 2021
Please do not attend if you are sick or have recently been exposed to Covid.
Thank you for visiting Christ Fellowship today! We use Remind to send announcements and prayer requests. To sign-up, use this link: https://www.remind.com/join/cfchl
Order of Worship
- Gathering Hymn – “Glory to His Name”
- Call to Worship – Psalm 131
- Hymns – “One Thing Remains” & “Our God is Greater”
- Praying for the Church
- Nursery Dismissal
- Sermon – 1 Samuel 5-6 – “God is Not Safe”
- Hymn – “Living Hope”
- Esther Pilgrim – pray for Esther and family in the loss of her older brother, David.
- Jeff Brady – pray for healing and pain relief. Jeff fractured his hand in three places!
- Christ Fellowship – pray for a renewed sense of unity and commitment to our fellowship and the means of grace.
- Asare and Lakesha – the three children the Sakyis were fostering went home with their parents last week. Continue praying for them.
- Westwind Neighborhood – Continue praying for our neighbors in the Westwind community, directly behind the church.
- The McClures – Pray for Ethan and Kristen as they prepare to adopt a child from Columbia. (update: they have been matched!)
- The Feinbergs – Pray for Josh and Jami as they prepare to adopt a child from India.
- Immigration – There are several families connected to CFC that are legally seeking residence in the US. Pray for this process.
- Addiction – Numerous loved ones connected to our church continue to struggle with chemical dependencies.
- Seriously Ill: Jeff Brady, Conner Canfield, Luke Churchill, Karissa Dickerson, Don Ford, Peggy Ford, Lakesha Sakyi, Margaret St. Peter, Laura Kathryn Redden, Miller (Robin’s god-son)
- Happy Mother’s Day!
- We continue a 5-week Sunday School class this morning at 9:30am in bay 5. Each week, we will cover one of the “Five Pillars of the Protestant Reformation.” Children are welcome to attend with parents, but there will be no childcare.
- The Jail Ministry serving the Desoto County Jail is starting back up again and Christ Fellowship is looking for volunteers. If interested in volunteering contact John Albro for details at 901-308-3974 or email@example.com
- Adult/Youth Soccer – Join us for Soccer next Sunday, May 16 for soccer in Latimer Lakes – the field near the tennis courts – at 1pm. Bring water!
- The church has a new Value Statement – read it here.
- We now have a freezer and can begin replacing our Freezer Meals!
- The current version of the Daily Prayer Project is now available:
- You can Download the English guide here.
- Spanish Bible Study has returned – every other Tuesday at 8pm via Zoom. We are studying the book of Revelation. Contact Mike to participate.
- Revelation Bible Study has concluded in English. You can find the whole Bible study at this link.
- To better serve Desoto County, we created a brief “gift survey”. Help us do our job “to equip the saints for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ…” (Ephesians 4:12) (www.onehornlake.org/serve)
- If you are committed to this church and would like to support the ministry financially, you may give online (www.onehornlake.org/give) or text any dollar amount to: 84321
|Financial Snapshot||Year to Date|
|Year to Date||Better/(Worse)|
|Mar-21||Jul 20 – Mar 21||than Budget|
|Expenses||$ 12,962||$ 140,456||1,709|
|Net Surplus(/Deficit)||$ (3,326)||$ (57,600)||$ (15,935)|
|Total Surplus/(Deficit)||$2,093||$ 4,091||$ (6,744)|
|Ending Church Balance||$ 50,499|