Sunday, January 24, 2021
If you decide to attend worship in-person, please remember that masks are required (except for small children) and we will be social distancing. Please do not attend if you are sick, high-risk, or have recently been exposed to someone with the virus.
Thank you for visiting Christ Fellowship today! We use Remind to send announcements and prayer requests. To sign-up, use this link: https://www.remind.com/join/cfchl
Order of Worship
- Gathering Hymn –
- Responsive Call to Worship (Psalm 146)
- Hymns –
- Open Prayer Time (Thankfulness)
- Children & Nursery Dismissal
- Sermon (Judges 4-5)
- Hymn –
- Westwind Neighborhood – Continue praying for our neighbors in the Westwind community, directly behind the church.
- Della Richardson – Andy’s sister is recovering from a stroke.
- Nettie McClure – Ethan’s grandmother is in the hospital battling covid.
- Donnie and Frankie Thomas – Aunt and Uncle of DeRhonda Winberry, both suffered a stroke recently.
- Karrissa Dickerson – Karrissa’s mom has a rare form of brain cancer. She is a friend of the Gards and the Pittmans.
- Debbie Simpson – Debbie is at home recovering. Pray for clear direction of how to best approach cancer treatments.
- Asare and Lakesha – Pray for the Sakyis, as they are currently fostering three children from Honduras.
- The McClures – Pray for Ethan and Kristen as they prepare to adopt a child from Columbia.
- Expecting Moms – Lesly Hernandez, Hannah Pittman
- Immigration – There are several families connected to CFC that are legally seeking residence in the US. Pray for this process.
- Addiction – Numerous loved ones connected to our church continue to struggle with chemical dependencies.
- Seriously Ill: Jeff Brady, Conner Canfield, Luke Churchill, Don Ford, Peggy Ford, Lakesha Sakyi, Debbie Simpson, Margaret St. Peter
- A 10-week Women’s Bible Study facilitated by Jessie Routh will begin February 7 at 4pm. They will be using the Colossians & Philemon study by Kathleen Nielson. Use this link to sign-up.
- We are now collecting Freezer Meals. This is an easy way to help us bless someone! Recipes and instructions are located on the freezer door in bay 1.
- The elders will be praying together at 9:45am each Sunday. Any are welcome.
- Several ladies are planning a Women’s Recovery group. If you would like support with any past or present addiction, trauma, grief, etc. or if you are interested in helping with this ministry, please contact Mike or see Robin Lovell.
- The Christmas/Epiphany version of the Daily Prayer Project is now available:
- You can Download the English guide here.
- Want to help us love our neighbors? Join the Westwind Outreach Team! The team will be responsible for delivering prayer cards and quarantine care packages to our nearest neighbors. Contact Mike to hear more about the plan!
- The Trinity Health Center is now accepting appointments for low-income residents of Desoto County! TRINITYHEALTHCENTER.ORG
- Spanish Bible Study has returned on Tuesdays at 8pm via Zoom. We are studying the book of Revelation. Contact Mike to participate.
- Revelation Bible Study has concluded in English. You can find the whole Bible study at this link.
- Are you looking for a way to serve the Horn Lake community? Consider volunteering at the Dream Center, home to the new Trinity Health Center and Desoto Grace (an after-school ministry). Visit the website to learn more.
- To better serve Desoto County, we created a brief “gift survey”. Help us do our job “to equip the saints for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ…” (Ephesians 4:12) (www.onehornlake.org/serve)
- If you are committed to this church and would like to support the ministry financially, you may give online (www.onehornlake.org/give) or text any dollar amount to: 84321
|Financial Snapshot||Year to Date|
|Year to Date||Better/(Worse)|
|Nov -20||Jul 20 – Nov 20||than Budget|
|Expenses||$ 13,085||$ 64,162||(127)|
|Net Surplus(/Deficit)||$ (4,737)||$ (25,220)||$ (17,018)|
|Total Surplus/(Deficit)||$ (1,018)||$ 3,719||$ (17,246)|
|Ending Church Balance||$ 50,127|