Sunday, November 28, 2021
First Sunday in Advent
We are currently mask optional. Please do not attend if you are sick or have recently been exposed to Covid.
Thank you for visiting Christ Fellowship today! We use Remind to send announcements and prayer requests. To sign-up, use this link: https://www.remind.com/join/cfchl
Order of Worship
- Gathering Hymn – “Come Thou Fount”
- Call to Worship – Psalm 25
- Hymns – “Great I Am” & “A Thousand Tongues (Awake My Soul)”
- Mozarabic Prayer
- Praying for the Church
- Nursery Dismissal
- Sermon – Psalm 103 – “Longing for Significance”
- Hymn – “On Jordan’s Stormy Banks”
- Advent – Pray for our daily lives to be saturated with a longing for Christ during this season.
- Adilia Escobar – pray for Maritza’s sister as she waits for the results from her biopsy.
- Jeff Brady – Jeff was diagnosed with a rare disease that causes muscle to become bone. This is the source of his constant pain and there is no cure. Please keep Jeff in your prayers.
- Waldrop Family – Anna Claire is expecting! Pray also for their upcoming move home to New Albany.
- Whitten Family – pray for Daniel and family in the sudden loss of his mom. Pray also for Brandi as she deals with very significant health concerns.
- Jenny Cole – please pray for Hannah Pittman’s mom, recently diagnosed with skin cancer.
- Asare and Lakesha Sakyi – the Sakyis are now fostering two boys and Lord willing they will adopt them!
- ESL – pray for our volunteers and students as we try to love our neighbors by teaching English.
- The Feinbergs – Pray for Josh and Jami as they prepare to adopt another child from India.
- Immigration – There are several families connected to CFC that are legally seeking residence in the US. Pray for this process.
- Addiction – Numerous loved ones connected to our church continue to struggle with chemical dependencies.
- Seriously Ill: Jeff Brady, Luke Churchill, Jane Middleton, Lakesha Sakyi, Margaret St. Peter, Laura Kathryn Redden, Hannah Tanous
- Upcoming Events
- Next ESL Class – 12/5 @ Noon (light refreshments available)
- Next Family Night – Wednesday, December 1 @ 6:30pm (Men’s Dessert Competition)
- Ladies Coffee – Saturday, December 11 @ 10:00am (Coffee Central – Hernando)
- Next Youth Event – Christmas Party – Wednesday, December 15 – 5:30-8:00pm at the Bateman’s
- Christmas Eve – We will have a candlelight service on December 24 at 5pm.
- We are collecting a special Christmas Offering for Honduras. Giovanni and Doris have relationships with people in their hometowns who can help us serve the poor this Christmas! To give, write “Honduras” on the memo line of the check, or if you give online send an email to Carolyn designating the gift (email@example.com).
- We are looking for a few volunteers to form a Tech Team. This team will help with sound and video, including the live stream on Sundays.
- There’s are two free books on the back table! We have copies of Gentle and Lowly and The Grace of Giving.
- We are creating a simple Photo Directory for the church. Names and face only, no contact information will be provided. Use this link for instructions: https://www.onehornlake.org/how-to-join-the-directory/
- Don’t forget about the book table! Prices are suggested donations. There is a clearance section! There are also two boxes of free books on the floor by the book table.
- The church has a new Value Statement – read it here.
- We now have a freezer and can begin replacing our Freezer Meals!
- The Advent version of the Daily Prayer Project is now available:
- You can purchase the guide here.
- Spanish Bible Study – every other Thursday at 8pm via Zoom. Contact Hermes to participate.
- To better serve Desoto County, we created a brief Gift Survey. Help us do our job “to equip the saints for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ…” (Ephesians 4:12) (www.onehornlake.org/serve)
- Giving to the church is an act of worship. “Each one must give as he has decided in his heart, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.” (2 Cor. 9:7) If you are committed to this church and would like to support the ministry financially, you may give online (www.onehornlake.org/give) or text any dollar amount to: 84321
|Financial Snapshot||Year to Date|
|Year to Date||Better/(Worse)|
|Oct -21||Jul 21 – Oct 21||than Budget|
|Expenses||$ 14,334||$ 57,469||(2,069)|
|Net Surplus(/Deficit)||$ (477)||$ (9,627)||$ (227)|
|Total Surplus/(Deficit)||$ 3,655||$ 10,650||$ (6,550)|
|Ending Church Balance||$ 62,736|