Sunday, June 4, 2023
Thank you for visiting Christ Fellowship today! We use Remind to send announcements and prayer requests. To sign-up, use this link: https://www.remind.com/join/cfchl
Order of Worship
- Gathering Hymn – Lion of Judah
- Call to Worship
- Hymns – Great is Thy Faithfulness; Before the Throne of God Above
- Prayers of the People
- Nursery Dismissal, Greeting
- Sermon – Galatians 4:21-31
- Hymn – The Table
- Church Family – this week, pray for: ELVIR (Giovanni, Doris, Giovanna), FEINBERG (Josh, Jami, Freddie, JW, Dottie, Afton), FITTS (Paxton, Lacey, Lakelyn, Kylie, Cameron)
- The Great Commission – pray for the spread of the Gospel in our community and around the world, especially to unreached people groups.
- PCA General Assembly – Memphis will be hosting our denomination’s 50th General Assembly June 12-16. Pray for this important event!
- Petra Flores Rodriguez – pray for Adriana’s aunt, recently diagnosed with stomach cancer.
- Melissa Bateman – Melissa needs to start chemo, but her counts are low.
- Uncle Jeff – pray for Skylar and Celeste’s uncle as he recovers from a lung transplant.
- Jeff Brady – Pray for Jeff as he battle bone cancer. Jeff hopes to enter an experimental treatment facility in a few months.
- Expecting Moms: Michelle Sevilla
- Immigration – There are several families connected to CFC that are legally seeking residence in the US. Pray for this process.
- Addiction – Numerous loved ones connected to our church continue to struggle with chemical dependencies.
- Seriously Ill: Norma Amaro, Terry Beecroft, Jeff Brady, Luke Churchill, Chuck Cole, Jenny Cole, Adilia Escobar, Margaret St. Peter
- Men’s Bible Study – June 6
- Children’s Church – June 11
- Welcome Back Caleb Party – June 11
- PCA General Assembly – June 12-16
Men’s Bible Study will return on Tuesday, June 6 at 6:0am. Andre Crowder will lead a study of James.
Caleb Brown will be returning to CFC full-time this week as our pastoral intern! We will have a church-wide fellowship after worship on Sunday, June 11 to welcome Caleb back. Join as at the Moorhead home for pizza and swimming! Please bring chairs.
Memphis will be hosting our denomination’s 50th General Assembly June 12-16 at the Renasant Convention Complex. The assembly is open to the public. Consider attending one of the evening worship services! www.pcaga.org
There will be a Destination Unknown youth trip for rising 6-12 grade students June 22-24. Contact Mike if your child is interested!
We don’t have Sunday School, but we now have a podcast using the Shorter Catechism! The podcast is available in English and Spanish. The English version is called “CateCast” and the Spanish version is called “CateCismo“. (www.onehornlake.com/catecast)
Our elders feel called to help plant a new church in Southaven. Specifically, we are praying for an African-American church planter. This work is in the very early stages. Please pray for God to send the right man to lead it!
Don’t forget about the book table! Prices are suggested donations. There is a clearance section!
To better serve Desoto County, we created a brief Gift Survey. Help us do our job “to equip the saints for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ…” (Ephesians 4:12) (www.onehornlake.org/serve)
Giving to the church is an act of worship. “Each one must give as he has decided in his heart, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.” (2 Cor. 9:7) If you are committed to this church and would like to support the ministry financially, you may give online (www.onehornlake.org/give) or text any dollar amount to: 84321
|Financial Snapshot||Year to Date|
|Year to Date||Better/(Worse)|
|Apr-23||Jul 22 – Apr 23||than Budget|
|Expenses||$ 13,835||$ 183,065||(1,798)|
|Net Surplus(/Deficit)||$ 2,036||$ 9,067||$ 48,668|
|Total Surplus/(Deficit)||$ 22,491||$ 83,017||$ 55,952|
|Ending Church Balance||$ 145,788|