Sunday, August 1, 2021
In light of new CDC guidelines and local covid numbers, we are recommending masks during worship attendance. We do not want to bind anyone’s conscience on the matter. Please make all medical decisions in consultation with your doctor. The elders will be wearing masks in an effort to help everyone feel comfortable and welcome at CFC. Please do not attend if you are sick or have recently been exposed to Covid.
Thank you for visiting Christ Fellowship today! We use Remind to send announcements and prayer requests. To sign-up, use this link: https://www.remind.com/join/cfchl
Order of Worship
- Gathering Hymn – “Hosanna”
- Call to Worship – Psalm 91:1-4
- Hymns – “Great is Thy Faithfulness” & “Oh Lord You’re Beautiful”
- Praying for the Church
- Nursery Dismissal
- Sermon – 1 Samuel 13
- The Lord’s Supper
- Hymn – “Lord, I Need You”
- Michael Ford – Michael is in the ICU on a ventilator with covid. His condition is critical.
- Karen Cordova – Pray for Karen and family in the loss of her father.
- Kiah Accardy – Pray for Kiah’s grandmother. She is in the ICU recovering from a serious fall.
- Cindi Shaw – Pray for Cindi as she recovers from covid and pneumonia.
- Luna New – Pray for the Bateman’s granddaughter, undergoing tests related to seizures.
- The McClures – Ethan and Kristen (Bree and Dak) have travelled to Columbia to meet and bring their daughter home! Pray for a safe return with no complications. Update: the adoption is final!
- Asare and Lakesha Sakyi – the Sakyis are now fostering a 10-month old boy.
- Alexis & Student Ministry – pray for the fellowship and discipleship of our middle and high school students this summer.
- Westwind Neighborhood – Continue praying for our neighbors in the Westwind community, directly behind the church.
- The Feinbergs – Pray for Josh and Jami as they prepare to adopt a child from India.
- Immigration – There are several families connected to CFC that are legally seeking residence in the US. Pray for this process.
- Addiction – Numerous loved ones connected to our church continue to struggle with chemical dependencies.
- Seriously Ill: Jeff Brady, Conner Canfield, Luke Churchill, Karissa Dickerson, Lakesha Sakyi, Margaret St. Peter, Laura Kathryn Redden, Hannah Tanous
- We will have a one-hour Adoption Class TODAY following worship. Lunch will be provided. This class is required for church adoption (membership), but there will be no pressure or obligation to continue the process. RSVP to Mike.
- We want to help with School Supplies this year. If you need help purchasing supplies for your kids OR if you are willing to help meet this need, contact Mike.
- Join us Wednesday, August 4 for Family Night, 6:30-8:00pm. We will meet the first Wednesday of every month to enjoy a meal together, a group game or activity, a language lesson, and a brief devotional!
- We will have a Parent Meeting after worship on Sunday, August 8 for parents of 6th-12th grade students.
- 6th-12th grade students will have an end-of-the-summer Pool Party at the Bateman’s (1795 Notting Hill Dr. in Hernando) on Sunday, August 8 from 5-9pm.
- We are creating a simple Photo Directory for the church. Names and face only, no contact information will be provided. You can access the directory online at this link or by using the “Church Center” app. If you have not already received an invitation and want to participate, send Mike a text or email.
- Don’t forget about the book table! Prices are suggested donations. There is also a clearance section!
- The church has a new Value Statement – read it here.
- We now have a freezer and can begin replacing our Freezer Meals!
- The Ordinary Time version of the Daily Prayer Project is now available:
- You can purchase the guide here.
- Spanish Bible Study has returned – every other Tuesday at 8pm via Zoom. We are studying the book of Revelation. Contact Hermes to participate.
- To better serve Desoto County, we created a brief Gift Survey. Help us do our job “to equip the saints for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ…” (Ephesians 4:12) (www.onehornlake.org/serve)
- Giving to the church is an act of worship. “Each one must give as he has decided in his heart, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.” (2 Cor. 9:7) If you are committed to this church and would like to support the ministry financially, you may give online (www.onehornlake.org/give) or text any dollar amount to: 84321
|Financial Snapshot||Year to Date|
|Year to Date||Better/(Worse)|
|June -21||Jul 20 – Jun 21||than Budget|
|Expenses||$ 42,231||$ 209,618||(5,618)|
|Net Surplus(/Deficit)||$ (29,530)||$ (93,645)||$ (23,645)|
|Total Surplus/(Deficit)||$ (22,361)||$ 5,679||$ 5,679|
|Ending Church Balance||$ 52,086|