We speak of church membership as adoption. Like every adoption, it is a process. Our church family takes the process seriously, because we want you to know the commitment is real and meaningful. Our culture has gradually changed “church” into an event we attend instead of a group of people we love. We want to help change it back!
Step One – Attend a one-hour Adoption Class. We hold classes about once a quarter.
Step Two – Meet with the pastor and an elder to briefly communicate your desire to be adopted and to share your Christian testimony (spoken or written). You may use this form to get started.
Step Three – Adoption Sunday! Stand before the church in worship and take your vows:
- Do you acknowledge yourself to be a sinner in the sight of God, justly deserving His displeasure, and without hope except by His sovereign mercy?
- Do you believe in the Lord Jesus Christ as the Son of God, and Savior of sinners, and do you receive and rest upon Him alone for salvation as He is offered in the Gospel?
- Do you now resolve and promise, in humble reliance upon the grace of the Holy Spirit, that you will strive to live as a faithful follower of Christ?
- Do you promise to support the church family in its worship and work to the best of your ability?
- Do you submit yourselves to the leadership and discipline of the church, and promise to pursue unity and faithfulness?
Step Four – We celebrate!
“When the fullness of time had come, God sent forth his Son, born of woman, born under the law, 5 to redeem those who were under the law, so that we might receive adoption as sons. 6 And because you are sons, God has sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, crying, “Abba! Father!” 7 So you are no longer a slave, but a son, and if a son, then an heir through God.” – Galatians 4:4-7